Hope you enjoy this spaghetti bolognese recipe! In Egypt, spaghetti is a very lovable dish for family and kids. I changed the Egyptian recipe quite a bit to make it spicy and added few more yummy elements.
Unlike, the traditional bolognese sauce, I do not like carrots in the sauce so I do not usually add it. Also I like it spicy 🙂
For ground beef recipe, please check the golash video or the bottom of the blog- browning ground beef
Bolognese Pasta Recipe
- 1 spaghetti box
- 2 cups cooked browned beef
- A whole tomato paste can or 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 fresh tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar
- Dried oregano
- 1 tsp Garlic paste
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar
- Crushed red pepper
- Cook as instructed on the box. However, make sure to add in the boiling water some salt, dried oregano and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Keep 2 cups of pasta cooking water on the side (we will use in the sauce)
- When pasta is ready, do not wash it and just mix it with the meat sauce. Washing it makes it harder for the sauce to stick on the pasta.
In the food processor:
- Add tomato paste
- Add tomatoes
- 2 cups pasta water (add one at a time and make sure it is not too thin as a sauce)
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan
- Add the garlic paste
- Add the tomato paste and the tomato juice
- Add 1 tsp sugar
- Lower the heat to simmer for 15 mins
- Add 2 cups of ground beef
- Simmer for another 30 to 40 mins
- 1/4 cup cheddar
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Add crushed red pepper
Add sliced Parmesan and fresh basil before serving
For ground beef recipe:
1 1/2 pound lean ground beef (or more for everything if you are making for the future)
1 large chopped onion
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon all spices
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
In a medium pan and on a medium heat, add the oil.
Add the beef and onions
Add the all spices and paprika and mix together.
When the beef is browned and close to absorbing all its juices, add salt and pepper to taste.